Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Turbofire Chili!!!

When I was growing up, I hated chili. I absolutely HATED IT!  I ate it because it was there, but I got zero satisfaction from it.  Later I figured out my issue was really the meat, not the chili.

Well, with this EASY recipe, and I mean EASY,  I have reclaimed my love for chili.  Num Num Nums!!!  

I'm going to post the regular recipe here, but just know that I make a HUGE modification with my chili.  Since I am a vegetarian, instead of the Ground Turkey, I use Qorn's Grounds.  DELICIOUS. 

Turbo Fire Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup diced tomatoes-
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
8oz whole kernel corn, canned- 
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
1/2 onion, diced- I used a whole onion
2 garlic cloves
8oz black beans, canned-
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
8oz pinto, chili, or kidney beans, canned-
I used the whole dark red kidney bean can which was about 15oz instead
1tbsp tomato paste
1 pkg Lawrey's Chili seasoning
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)- I skipped the cheese! 

I also added chili peppers in adobo (just one chopped up finely) for that extra KICK and spice!  

Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz. cheese, if desired.



You'll have to wait on a picture til I make this delicious recipe again, but rest assure it's coming soon!!! Time to dust off that crockpot!
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment