Monday, March 10, 2014

Don't be a VICTIM of CIRCUMSTANCE

So, this weekend, I picked up two fabulous books.

Starting Project BADASS this week, and what better way to get that underway than to include Andrea Owen's "52 ways to live a Kick-Ass Life" to my daily routine.

I don't want to forget to let you know that I live O, so close to the BEACH (and we have a pool in our neighborhood) and of course I NEEDED a good book to pass the time in the SUNSHINE.  Chelsea Handler, it's been WAY too long since you released a new book. Thank you for FINALLY giving me something good to read!
 
So it's probably time I got to the point of this post.



DON'T BE A VICTIM OF CIRCUMSTANCE

We have all had CIRCUMSTANCES in our lives that affect us.  Sure, something awful happened to you.  I'm sorry, but it's time to move past it.  

Wow, Sara, you're super insensitive.

No, I'm not. I'm just being real.  We can't let the circumstances rule our lives.  How we react to circumstances and our THOUGHTS determine our FEELINGS and BELIEFS about ourselves, and I hate to point this out, but those FEELINGS and BELIEFS are what shape our lives.  

My current CIRCUMSTANCE:  I'm overweight.  Now, I can sit here and wallow in the fact that I'm overweight all day long, but that's not doing me any bit of good.  I can think about the fact that I'm overweight and say "It's just HARD to eat clean and be healthy, and workout like I should.  It's HARD to make time for all of that."   How soon do you think I'm going to lose the weight I want to get rid of? Probably not very soon thinking like that.  

OR

I could think "You know, I'm overweight. That sucks.  I'm going to change it.  I'm going to join this challenge group, and plan out my meals, and do these workouts, and be happy about it.  I'm going to set a date to meet a goal, and I'm going to work towards that."  

Which THOUGHTS do you think are going to get me to my goals quicker?  The thoughts that eating clean, working out, and meeting goals are HARD, or the thoughts that I'm going to set goals with dates, plan meals and workouts, and I'm going to CHANGE my CIRCUMSTANCES?  If you agree with option B, You're right.


We BELIEVE our THOUGHTS, and those BELIEFS shape our lives.  This is why it's so important to think POSITIVELY.  Kick those Negative Thoughts to the curb!

It takes Positive thinking to get things done.  Do you know someone successful?  Do you think it was EASY for them to succeed? 

Oh, it was? It was easy for them?  

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken.  Ask them.  It has NEVER been easy to succeed at something.  There will always be obstacles, and it will always take a lot of positive thinking and a lot of Trial and Error to succeed.  It all starts with your THOUGHTS and BELIEFS about yourself.

So, what is your CIRCUMSTANCE?  What's the goal you're working towards hitting?  What are the obstacles in your path? Are you thinking POSITIVELY or NEGATIVELY?  Think about it.  

I love hearing from you guys.  Let me know what you think about my posts?


XOXO,
Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment