Wednesday, January 29, 2014

YOU ON A DIET

I LOVE Finding Nemo, but let's get real for a moment. Who can relate? I hate feeling like I'm on a DIET. Yo-yoing from 1 diet to the next, back n forth, and I'm missing out on the things I want MOST because I think I should be 'dieting'.

Do you feel like this? That's because we shouldn't be DIETING, we should be changing our lifestyles. 

I know I know I know we've all heard it 'it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.' And then we still look at it as a diet. Ok, cool. I get it. We even refer to it as a diet.

For a moment, change your mind. Quit thinking 'i'm on a diet' and think 'what will I plan for my next meal that fits my HEALTHY lifestyle?'. Seriously, this is what I had to do to make myself eat clean. Sure, I wanted to eat clean. I loved the idea of eating clean. BUT, for a long time I thought about it as The Eat Clean Diet. Boom. That word: DIET.

I had to quit looking at it as something that was RESTRICTING, and start looking at it as a lifestyle that was PROVIDING me with NEW food opportunities, and NEW WAYS to create the meals that I LOVE!

I mean why not look at it this way? That's exactly what it is. Don't let your lifestyle change trick your mind into craving things that you wouldn't normally even eat. Don't cave into binging on foods you don't enjoy just because you 'Can't' have them. Quit looking at your choice to eat clean as a PROBLEM, and start looking at it as a SOLUTION. Because that's what it's about, of course!

You don't like something? Change your mind!

So, are you trying to eat clean but just can't seem to COMMIT? I challenge you to take it ONE WEEK AT A TIME. You don't think you can commit to a lifestyle? Commit to 1 week. ANYONE can eat clean for a week, right? At the end of the week, commit to another week.

This doesn't only apply to your eating habits. Every Sunday, sit down and plan out your goals for the week. These are the things I'm going to commit to doing this week. We'll see how it goes. Then next week, I'll commit to more things.

That, my friends, is how you go from DIETING to changing your LIFESTYLE.

I love hearing from you guys. What are you having trouble committing to? How are you going to approach it. What works? What doesn't work?





No comments:

Post a Comment