Friday, December 6, 2013

Immediate results

I was talking with a friend recently and he told me that he is results driven.  He said he doesn't do any kind of workout/weight loss program unless he sees immediate results. The longer it takes for him to obtain results, the more likely it is for him to fall off the train bc it's not worth it to him.

When I workout, and give it my all, I get results almost immediately.  Now, these results may not be visible, but we sure can feel them. That pain the next day causing us to walk funny. The soreness in my upper back muscles.  All that soreness, wherever it may be, is results!

'I never thought of it like that before'

Of course we haven't.  Instead of seeing it as a plus, we usually fall into this 'I hurt so bad. I shouldn't have done that. I don't think I'm going to push play today bc I need a break...'

We have to get out of that mindset. That burn, that pain, that soreness... That's RESULTS!!

I know that when I no longer experience the sore, I am in serious need of a change. The sore is what keeps me going.  Our bodies are changing, and if we just power through it, and tough it out, we'll be extremely thankful we did!!

So if you're like my friend, results driven, maybe you should change your mindset a little bit. Realize that the pain is your immediate results, and crave more!!

There is no magic pill to give us the body we want. We have to work hard to obtain it. Let's do this!




Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment